Help me reduce NOISE

atp_design

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atpimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am using a Canon Powershot Pro 1 and although it may take some great pics i am plagued by digital noise in almost all of my shots, RAW included. Its an 8mp with as much fruit a full digital can have, but when i look at DSLR photos i am in awe at the picture quality compared to mine. Is there are way to reduce this 'noise' or put it simply, get a DSLR ?

Lets see some examples I cant imagine why you would be getting noise unless yuor shooting long exposures or high ISOs. If you'r shooting daytime photos they should lookfine. That being said if you take a photo of the same scene with a DSLR and with a P&S the DSLR shot will probably look much nicer considering DSLR's have a higher quality due to the larger sensor size. There is nothing you can do to your P&S to increase its sensor size unfortunatly.

I just took a look at your site.. very nice shots. I only saw noise in the night photo the daytime ones looked very nice. You have an eye for photography I would suggest getting a DSLR it would allow you more versatility in your photography.

#1, use your lowest ISO. So if you have to use a tripod, then so be it. If you can't use a tripod or have to stop motion...then digital noise is your trade off for faster shutter speed (assuming you are already using as wide an aperture as possible).

There are noise reduction programs avaliable. Neat Image and Noise Ninja are two that used to get talked about quite a bit. I think the newest versions of Photoshop probably do a good job as well.

Also, getting good exposure will really help. Ideally, if you nail the exposure and don't have to adjust the brightness of the image...the noise will be less visible/noticeable. One technique is to 'Expose to the Right'.

And Yes...a DSLR (larger sensor) will greatly improve your noise situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back