help me -

marcinho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello,

I´m having some problems with my camera. I have a Canon Rebel XT and I notice that all the pictures I took, it has a little dirt on the left corner. It looks like a piece of hair and a black dot. I thought it was a lens problem, but after buying a new one, the "dirt" continue to show. the camera is always well saved. .. what should i do ? i really dont know what it is..

marcin021

marcin021

thanks for your attention

marcinho

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to get you sensor cleaned. Take it to your local camera store and they can do it for you.

I can't see your images, but from what you describe it sounds like dust on your camera sensor - no matter how well you keep a DSLR dust on the sensor is part of the game - though normally it does not show up unless you either have a lot of it or you are shooting at small apertures (ie bif f numbers like f16 area).
You can google camera sensor cleaning for some guides - a blower would be a good start if you want to clean yourself.
Alternativly most photography shops will have a cleaning service of some sort so you could get it cleaned by them if you don't wish to do it yourself.
A note - never used compressed air if your cleaning yourself - often there are chemicals and gases held within which can appear as a fine dust when sprayed - which would cover your sensor

Thanks davebmck and Overread for your advices. I´ll take to my nearest camera shop to clean that out as soon as possible this way is more guaranteed..

btw, here is a link of the picture

random005.jpg

thanks !!!

Yup, that's dust. Instead of taking it to the repair shop, why don't you call them and ask them how much they'd charge to show you how to properly clean a sensor? This is really something that you should be able to do on your own, and ultimately, you'll save a lot of money over the life of the camera if you learn to be a "Do it yourself" type of photographer.

Such dust or hair on sensor seems easily blown away with a blower.
Check your user manual to find how to lock the mirror and clean the sensor.

Keep in mind that the image on the sensor is up-side-down. Thus clean the right side of the sensor if you found dirt on the left side of image.

Most reactions

Back