Help needed….

alfredebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I might have looked at this picture for too long…. But still there is something that bothers me. When I first took this shoot I thought of showing the bench but also showing the space and beauty surrounding it.
In other words, I am having a hard time seeing what’s extra or what’s missing… Please help.
Thank you all in advance…
Papo

bench_small.jpg

A hawt guy sitting on the bench, with his shirt off? JK, I guess the vantage point. Like you could have tried shifting yourself to put the bench at a better focal point. I mean, like your eye gets attracted to the bench and the tree in the middle, or even the pink house right behind the bench IMO. It's still OK tho

Like the motive and the colors, but nothing is really in focus, having a bigger depth of field would be nice. Or maybe the opposite, having the background be completely blurry.

But must say I do really like the photo, simple yet effective

I think the bench is too small to be the focal point, and the sky too 'normal' to fill up so much space.

I might have been tempted to take a few steps to the right, and shoot in Landscape a bit closer to the empty bench to make it bigger and more important iin the shot. Also, you would get a better sky with a wider angle, but keep the feeling of space.

I actually love this type of shot! Think about trying to have the bench and the tree on a 3rd line - you know the rule of 3rds? It gives things better impact.

Cheers :D

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try to take this shot again today…

I took another shot! I tried to give the bench a more important role in the picture and decreased the depth-of-field. I also got the shot when it was cloudy to eliminate the hard shows. I would have loved to have the blue of the sky in the picture but I guess that would be another day. :D
Thank you all again for your suggestions
Papo

bench_small3.jpg

Forrest Gump is missing from the shot LOL. Just kidding it like it as is. This is a great picture. The tree seems a bit soft, but I love the composure...
Cosmonaut

I think I still like your first photo better than the second but feel that a horizontal take of the scene, showing more of what "that bench sees" to the right of the frame would have helped. With the bench "looking" from left to right, I really miss a right part. Even though the sky is nice in that pic, that nice sky is not so necessary ... but more room, more lake for "the bench and us to see" would be good.

Again thank you all for your suggestion...
I think this week I am going to finally rent that “Forrest Gump” movie… believe it or not, I have not seen it yet. :confused:
Unfortunately, there is nothing to the right of the bench. For some reason, they placed it that direction but that’s where the lake ends.
Any way, I love that spot. I take my dog there to play retrieve all the time.
This is a new shot with more view.

bench_small4.jpg

Most reactions

Back