Help with Application Data file

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Michelle Davies, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Michelle Davies

Michelle Davies TPF Noob!

i am trying to load some .xmp files into photoshop. the directions say to go to documents>name>application data>adobe>camera raw>settings sounds great but i can't find my applications date folder anywhere!! can any of you help? thanks!

2. BYoung

BYoung TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    After reading your question I did a quick look through my PS since I haven't used this .xmp data before. The way you can add it to a file is (I believe this is the way since i don't have any .xmp files to try it out with):

File>File Info
    A window opens with 2 areas, in the left area select "Advanced"
    now a new list will show up in the right area. There will be a XMP name with a "+" beside it. If you click this XMP title "Append" shows up at the bottom. If you click append it pops open a window that will look to open .xmp extension.

I'm not sure this is what you want but its the best I could do for you. Good luck on finding the info you need.

3. Michelle Davies

Michelle Davies TPF Noob!

sorry, i should have been clearer. these are preset files for camera raw. i need to load them into the actions file but since they are .xmp the action (.atn)file won't recognize them.

thanks for your help, though! i appreciate it.