Help with head shots

smithphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I need a bit of help. I've been working on developing my portrait knowledge and skills and I'm coming along slowly, but getting there none the less. However someone is wanting to hire me to shoot some head shots of her niece to submit to a modeling agency. I honestly have NO idea how to go about this. I'm not sure what 'style' of portrait they look for, or even how much artistic merit I should take with the image, I assume none, but then again, I'm clueless. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Boy I'd like to help but my portraiture experience is pretty limited.

I guess I'd start by asking what kind of lenses you have... do you have any lighting? Do you know what the person prefers for a setting? Do they want a studio kind of thing or outdoors or... (I assume with a headshot they'll just want a backdrop of some kind)

Probably start from there.

I do have a very limited lighting kit. 2 150w and 1 110 watt with small 2' soft boxes, couple umbrellas, just the basic usual stuff. I'm shooting with a Canon 20d. I have a sigma 23-80 f/1.6 and a canon 50mm lens. I figured a backdrop would be in order but I just honestly wasnt sure about the lighting. Dramatic, soft, ect. Any opinions would be great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back