Help with older camera? Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

kittywolf13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kitbashcreations.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have had this camera for well over 5 years and I've loved it and gotten some great shots out of it. So a little background info. Hubby has recently gone really hardcore with photography and gotten a DSLR (insert jealousy here. :p ) he wants to eventually go semi pro... one of his hobbies is going to conventions and shooting and interviewing all the fun people who are there. Normally I'm manning my artist table, but I took the year off for our wedding from doing sales to enjoy the cons with him. So now he's asked me to be his photography assistant and I kind of want to be his second shooter. The problem? Obviously there's only one DSLR. Lol

So I'm basically looking to see if anyone has experience with my camera (listed in the title) and has any tips or tricks to get more out of my camera. Our perhaps suggest some reasonable priced accessories (since I'm currently unemployed) that could improve my performance. (I know nothing can replace experience)

I've shot in this place before. It's a typical convention center. With the incandescent lighting which my camera didn't like at all making the pics blurry or yellowish. I know I can aid the blur with a tripod, any ideas for lighting and stuff? Or perhaps settings that I may not have realized my camera has?

Thanks in advance!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back