Help with stain on photos

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What the hell is that mark or stain above the bird? I checked to see if the front of the lens had a spot when I got home but It was clean.

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

probably dirt on your sensor. Try a rocket blower or get the sensor cleaned. It must be a pretty big peice of dust to show up at f6.3.

Cool Osprey !

I looked at the sensor and I did see a speck of dust or somthing, So like a savage that I am I just stuck my finger with a micro cloth and brushed it off till it look clean. Ill take a few test shots now to see If I killed my camera!

DUDE, DON'T EVER do that. WHEW. You'll ruin your sensor. You should only clean it with a blower not touching it or a special kit with fluid.

To test it, put the camera in AV mode and set the Aperture at it's highest. Take a shot of white paper, focus is not important.

lol Be careful

agreed^^^ i wouldnt think of touching my sensor. especially putting any amount of pressure on it.

drugs kill brain cells, fingers kill pixels/sensors.

Ok update, I only tell this story in hopes of helping others like me. lmao

I got a speckgrabber and a rocket blower to get that spot off my sensor. I tried both a few times and was taking a hard look inside the camera to see if I can get that spot off. With no luck I was getting pissed off already after several tries. I started to search for tips on here and found out that I was cleaning the freaking mirror! I found out how to get to the sensor and used the blower and all is well with my little world now.

at least that means I never put my finger on the sensor :)

Most reactions

Back