Help!!!!

Crazydad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Powerpoint is sending me over the edge! I am creating a slide show in Powerpoint that is just pictures set to music. The 2 songs I'm using are .WAV files and I have set the link limit to 50MB.

The file size for the presentation shows both songs are embedded, but only the first song plays. When it gets to the slide where the second song begins, no sound/music.

I'm doing it in PowerPoint 2007, saving in compatability mode since the system it will be used on is older.

Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening and what can fix it?

*facepalm* I hate PP. With a passion. Keynote is way better for presentations (conversely Word is better than Pages for plain text documents, just in case someone thinks I'm being a fanboy). Does the presentation work when saved as a PPTX?

Why not use compressed audio?

Also, I don't believe older versions allowed music to continue over multiple slides, so the compatibility might be a problem. There's a way to save it as a self contained CD so it can be played as a PP 2007 presentation on any PC. Try that

Have you considered playing the music in Windows Media Player in the background instead? Timing may be more of an issue, but...

Thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it.

Here is the weird (at least to me) thing - the first song always works and when I first add the second song (as a .wav file) and then run the slide show, it works fine. Once I actually hit "save", the second song no longer works (first still works). Regardless of whether it is saved as a 2007 or in compatability mode.

I was under a time crunch, so I figured a work around by just putting the song file in the same folder and linking the song instead of embedding it. Just have to make sure they keep the entire folder together so they don't lose the link.

Once again i appreciate the help!

If its just pictures to music, why dont you just use windows movie maker. It'd be way simpler, just insert 1 picture per frame, and add the music. You can control how long each frame lasts.

If its just pictures to music, why dont you just use windows movie maker. It'd be way simpler, just insert 1 picture per frame, and add the music. You can control how long each frame lasts.

WE HAVE AN IDEA!!!! recommend the above ^^^

That is what a friend of mine at work said yesterday. I have never used movie maker (and was asked for ppt - probably just because that's what they have always used), but am going to try it tonight.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back