Help

digirebel88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello

I have recently had my pictures taken by an ametuer photographer and I have a cd with them. Where can I take these to get high quality prints? I want wallets w/ the rounded edges. They are for my senior pictures. I have absolutly no idea!!

Thanks!!

hmmm, the Darkroom forum might not be the place to figure out what to do with your cd of images. I'll move this thread to the Beginner's Place, and hopefully you'll get some more views, and subsequent replies, there. :)

I'm assuming you are located in the US.

You noted wallet size prints. Usually, you head for high quality when you are looking for enlargements of 8"x10" or larger. It might be that your local drugstore photo finisher can do the job for you. It will be the least expensive way to go, and the easiest to check out.

If you live in a large city, there might be one or more commercial labs which do work for professional photographers. These houses routinely do the processing for school graduation photographers, etc. They will not be cheap, and might not want to take on a small order.

Finally, if neither of the above does the job, you're going to have to locate a mail order lab. I have not dealt with any of these, but there's Vermont Labs, Dale Laboratories and Specialty Color Services for a start. All three have quickly replied to my email questions. I have Dale's order form in front of me. They offer wallet size, 2-up [you'll have to use scissors to separate them] for $US0.60.

there are a ton of websites where you can upload you photos and have them printed and mailed to you for a very very low cost. you can also bring the cd you have to your local drugstore or many camera shops. They have these little kodak easy booth things you just pop the cd in (or any kind of memory card) and you pick the pictures you want and size and I think they are done in like 15 minutes

Most reactions

Back