Help...

Nurd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to make a christmas list by 3 o' clock today..and I need to know some things

1. I've never bought a tripod or used one. I was wondering if I have to get a certain one for my camera. (Sony Cyber-shot)

2. I have been wanting to get a 2 gig memory card for my camera and I was wondering again if I needed a certain type.

Thanks for looking

1. the cybershot is a rather small and light camera, right? so a smaller tripod would do .. or a gorillapod which to me looks rather versatile as you can use trees, fences and everything in combination with the gorillapod to make it tall as a real tripod ;)

often the close to ground perspective is cool though ...

but chekc if your camera is light enough for a gorillapod ..

2. don't got for too cheap cards is my personal advice .. i know ppl who lost images do to the poor quality of a HAMA card, which suddenly could not be read anymore.

sandisk make good ones (my favourite), so does kingston and lexxar ...

if your camera (and bank account ;) ) support it, then go for fast cards

Tripods are pretty universal. There should be screw threads on the bottom of the camera. It will be the same size as the screw threads on just about every other camera...so any tripod will do. Get on that has a quick release plate.

Your camera, being a Sony...probably needs Sony Memory Stick cards, but I'm not sure.

The better the tripod, the better the hold, and the longer it will last, also it will be worth getting a good one so that you already have a good tripod when you decide to upgrade...(People are like that).

WARNING ! ! .. STEP AWAY FROM THE GORILLA POD ! ! (Or any mini pod really).

I have only ever seen three, and all of them were a "Fashion accessory" as opposed to a tripod. They Don't hold well and wear quite quickly, May hold a light camera like the Sony But not for too long, and would never have the strength to hold a larger camera/lens combo.

Quality memory sticks are available from all the good manufactureres as mentioned in an earlier post, (See Alex B). Memory stick and memory stick pro duo are two different fits, so check which it takes (Should be written on the memory that is in the camera, and in the hand book). As always go for the best you can afford. I bought a Manfrotto tripod about 30 years ago. At the time it was more than I needed. But over the years I went into bigger and heavier setups and it is still with me, and still as good as the day I bought it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back