Hey! Look what I found - Asahiflex

Which one?

The Asahiflex marked camera body with the pentaprism viewfinder. Foy my collection, it is the missing link connecting Asahiflex branding to the Pentax branding. Yeh, I have this one that has "Asahi"-"Pentax" but I still want that Asahiflex SLR camera.

Equip_33_RT16.jpg

Yeh... collecting stuff is nuts... my wife reminds me all the time ... hehehe

I found one in the shop today. It's only $100 and it might be as much as $150 to get it to you if you want it.

Let me know and I'll photograph it in the shop for you and post it up here and then you can decide if you want it.

I would say it's in excellent shape. Not mint but much better than "good". I used to be a coin collector so I go from that - so I would say it's in "Fine" condition. ;)

Are you talking about the "Asahiflex" SLR? Its tough to find here in the U.S. as I don't think it was sold here. Unfortunately, its bad timing for me.... I just don't have the spare cash right now. If it is still around in a couple months... sure.. I'd be interested.. THANKS!

oooOOOOoooo Wonderful... Definitely be looking for your help over there in Japan when the "itch" coincides with available cash.

The availability of collectible stuff over there is amazing. The guy I deal with at my local camera shop used to live in Japan and show me all the wonderful catalogs of collectables. The only other rival I have found is photoarsenal.com based out of Germany but much of their stuff is overpriced.

I take it that's a yes?

So, tomorrow or the next day I will go photograph the camera for you and see if it's good enough.

I asked when I was in there today (thinking you might want it) and they said: "sure NP... but you can't photograph the store layout - just single items or a few at a time." :D

Last edited:
Yep, that's the one...

not yet... I'm still a bit broke... hehehe..

This is the camera I want:

asahif22.jpg

I saw this and 4 other cameras in a Japanese on-line auction all for $40.00 :D It looked like it was in pristine conditions too. Although two of the other four looked kinda neglected.

Most reactions

Back