Hi, 70D, t6s, or...

Quinnb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I'm looking to buy my first dslr and I'm having trouble making a final decision. My original plan was the t6s but now I'm interested in the 70d or even a nikon d5500. I know something like a t5i is a good start but I would rather start in the mid level range because I do have a good enough understanding of how to use a dslr. What I plan to be using the camera for is nature, wildlife, cities, long exposure light trails, and maybe a few landscapes. While I'd rather stay with canon, as my sister has a canon dslr and that would make things a lot easier, I guess I would be open to nikon. Also I forgot to mention, video isn't super important to me but it is for sure a plus. Thanks for any input :)

Welcome to TPF! I've moved your post from the Welcome forum, since you have specific questions, and you'll likely get better replies here.

Enjoy the forum! :)

Thought I would bump this a little and add that built in WiFi for photo transfer is kind of important to me because all of my editing is done on my phone until I can save for a mac and get rid of my old laptop.

If you don't care about video, I would go with the t6s. If you do, then the Dual Pixel Auto-Focus of the 70D is something to truly consider.

If you don't care about video, I would go with the t6s. If you do, then the Dual Pixel Auto-Focus of the 70D is something to truly consider.
Is there any difference in the picture quality of the t6s and the 70d because if there's not I think Ill just go with the 70d because the price is the same and might as well get better video for the same price and picture quality.

Is there any difference in the picture quality of the t6s and the 70d because if there's not I think Ill just go with the 70d because the price is the same and might as well get better video for the same price and picture quality.

If there is, it is probably marginal. The 70D has the DIGIC 5+ processor, the t6s the DIGIC 6. The t6s has 4 more megapixels. But that's not as important IMO.

I guess I'll just go with the 70d because I might as well get nicer video and 70d has a faster shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back