hi!

b00bE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
My name is Adam C. and I'm currently a student in high school. The past summer I went to go visist my uncle who had a Nikon D50. While I was there I played around with and slowly became interested in photography. In the end he gave me his old Canon Eos Rebel with a Sigma 28-105mm lens. I've only played around with it for awhile but I haven't really gotten serious with it yet. As far as expirence, I've only shot about two rolls and skimmed over a couple of books. I was hoping you guys could help me out some more by giving some tips or pointers. I'm also trying to find a photography club around where I live which is in Atlanta so if you guys know anything I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks a lot and happy shooting! (get it? haha):greenpbl:

Just wanted to say ... Welcome to the forum.

The best advice I can give you is to carry your camera everywhere you go. Shoot anything that brings your attention. Take your time.. observe everything around you. Most importantly.. HAVE FUN!

You are already taking the first best steps... having the right attitude.

hi and welcome to the forums. If you want to learn how to use your camera you should read as much as you can about the technical
aspects of photographer such as exposure, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and how they effect your photos.

oh and I'm sure the mods LOVE a screen name like boobie.

Read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Petersen. Greaty book to learn what to do.

Most importantly.. HAVE FUN!

Check!

oh and I'm sure the mods LOVE a screen name like boobie

haha yea I bet they do. I don't mean to be perverted about it just a fun name I use for almost everything really.

Read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Petersen

I'll check out my local Borders. I've also read National Geographic Photography Field Guide which help a lot as well. As far as the technical stuff I think I've got the general jist of it and I will take my camera wherever I go from now on. I also wanted to know about slides. Is it smart to use them? Are they expensive and troublesome? Or any other information you guys might know.

I'd just like to say thanks for the welcome and I hope to learn more and looking forward to this forum.

Welcome. You are using a film rebel right?

I have the books by Ansel Adams, "The Camera", and "The Negitive". I don't have "The Print". They are really good, but to me, kind-of hard to read. They do have diagrams to illistrate what he is talking about, but I've had to re-read stuff, but they are good books. Very informative. I'd see if your local library has it.

Welcome. You are using a film rebel right?

Yup.

I have the books by Ansel Adams, "The Camera", and "The Negitive". I don't have "The Print". They are really good, but to me, kind-of hard to read. They do have diagrams to illistrate what he is talking about, but I've had to re-read stuff, but they are good books. Very informative. I'd see if your local library has it.

I'll look into that. Adams also does some pretty color pics.

Most reactions

Back