High Contrast can do Wonders

End Game

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielswebpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently discovered the technique of using insanely high contrast to make your shots look...well...weird. Here's one I took of myself awhile ago and decided to test the contrast thing. A lot of tedious erasing and selecting involved.
IMG_3182B-1.jpg

Opinions?

True, but it's good while it lasts. And I'm not the type of guy that actually prints ANY of his photos. Maybe 1 or two a year, and I probably wouldn't want to hang this over the mantle...

Not to be the naysayer here. But it looks a little off.
I like it, I'm in favor of anything that shows creativity as opposed to plain photography.

Maybe a bit too contrasty though, and lacks continuity.

You might get better results by making a cloudy background using the same color of the lighting on your face.
With a cloudy BG, you could make the lightning go through the clouds to give it more realism.
You could change the color of the lightning to a color present in the photo, and have it come from one direction then branch off.
You could put a city skyline on the bottom and make it a silhouette, and your face can be semi-transparent over it, and work the lightning from that.

It's a good image don't get me wrong.
A few problems kind of jump out at you though.

Y'know ,that's so funny that you say that because I was actually thinking the same thing when I took a photo of some clouds and turned them blood red.
Buuut...I need to get another shot because it has power lines in the middle of it.It was kinda amazing texture because it was taken right next to a fire *Laurienzo's, Retro Metro, and The Pizza Shop burned down :() so the clouds were small and diverse, well I just realized I typed most of what I just said for nothing because I can just post it...well here it is, oh and I couldn't have used this one because of the big dark spot:
IMG_3316B.jpg

And no, a cloning job won't get rid of the power lines.

Recreate it, and just use parts of this image.

You can render great clouds in Photoshop of any color combo.
Just change the FG and BG colors in the toolbox.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back