High End lenses; would I notice the difference?

Have you considered renting the lenses in question to see how you really feel about the quality? I'm having a bit of the same dilema. Soo....I rented the 24-70mm f/2.8! I just got it on Monday. $80 for a week (including to and fro shipping).

So far, I'm thinking that I won't buy this lens. I see a quality difference, but not enough to justify the cost...YET. I would rather have the 3 other lenses.

Renting lenses is a really good option. There is a joint in San Fran (BorrowLenses.com - Camera Rental and Canon/Nikon Lens Rental) that rents them out (I assume this is who the above poster is referring to) for a pretty realistic price. It looks like you can rent out the Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L IS for 64 (or the non-IS version for 51). But then you'd need something to compare it to, and I don't see the Sigma up there.

Yes, that is the company I used

I only have one Canon lens, and you know what, I love my other three sigma lenses so much more. I did get mine all new on ebay for a fraction of the price.

I only have one Canon lens, and you know what, I love my other three sigma lenses so much more. I did get mine all new on ebay for a fraction of the price.

What Canon lens do you have?

Don't have much to add, just have this web page saved as a bookmark and thought you might find it handy...

Lens Tests By LightRules

He's a Canon shooter so all the tests involve Canon compatible lenses.

Awesome site, thanks Samanax. According to his reviews, there really isnt much reason NOT to get a Sigma over a Canon. Makes me happy since I just bought a Sigma for nearly half the price of a Canon!

Also, if you take a look at his pictures, there isnt much noticeable difference.

Most reactions

Back