high school basketball

anel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok this is my new assignment, our school is playing basketball verus another one in our town and if we win this we go to the finals!

SO, i'm really looking for any tips and everything you wanna share, i'm going to list what equipment i'll bring with me too. i have the opportunity to run around the whole stadium freely mid-game because i was appointed to be the "school" photographer on monday.

this is going to be held at another school with a bit bigger stadium but i'm worried because the lights tend to be a bit dim in schools... that's why i'm taking the 50mm 1.8 just in case..

my teacher said we're gonna make a group shot of the players before the game on the field so i was thinking maybe under the basket? i'll bring the 18-200mm sigma with me so that shouldn't be a problem. i'm thinking of using fill flash to enchance the lightning on their faces, any tips on how to do this? i'll bring my vivitar 285hv.

she also wants one or two action shots in-game, so i'm counting on my sigma 70-300 but i'm again i'm worried about the lights.. i could borrow the 70-200 2.8 sigma from my step dad but i'd just be worried about breaking it or scratching it..

so, i'm looking for tips on camera angle, fill flash and action basketball shots.

i hope to get a lot of responses!!

Anel.

What body will you be using? Do you have a way, like a light stand, to get the 285HV above the tallest players head?

To make the players look taller than they really are, shoot the team shot from a low perspective.

that's exactly what i'm planning KmH! and no, i wont be using any stands because i need to keep a low profile, with the flash i'm already risking a lot, hope noone comes to me and says to stop using it..

that's exactly what i'm planning KmH! and no, i wont be using any stands because i need to keep a low profile, with the flash i'm already risking a lot, hope noone comes to me and says to stop using it..
I meant for the team shot under the basket BEFORE the game.

I meant for the team shot under the basket BEFORE the game.

oh, well in that case a light stand is possible! what do u suggest for the most successful group shot? remember, this has to be done in 30 seconds or less!
the team + teacher + coach wont have much patience.

Most reactions

Back