High school swimming

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some shots from yesterday. Let me know what you think, folks. :)

040810loditokayswimming.jpg

The last one is fantastic!

How many tries did it take you to get the pan in #1? Haha, looks like that shot was a hard one.

Awesome stuff, I like all of them.

Where did the light in 1 come from? Was it a reflection off the surface of the water? If so: lucky you! That reflection sure helped A LOT. Cool pan. I never thought of that when I covered a two-day swim meet... now I think I should have. But well. I didn't.

How many tries did it take you to get the pan in #1? Haha, looks like that shot was a hard one.

Awesome stuff, I like all of them.

Thanks! :)

That was actually the second shot i took at the event. First shot I took I panned but lost her face behind her arm. Third shot I took I was a little late on my shot. It was a nice pan but her top half was already under water. After that I went to the traditional shooting.

Where did the light in 1 come from? Was it a reflection off the surface of the water? If so: lucky you! That reflection sure helped A LOT. Cool pan. I never thought of that when I covered a two-day swim meet... now I think I should have. But well. I didn't.

Yeah, I like shooting the off the block shots. If they'll let you get crouched down by the blocks you can get a lot of good shots.

Anyway, the light if from and SB-900 in my left hand I triggered with the pop-up flash. Iso 100, f/20, 1/30th, rear curtain sinc.

Man, of course they are going to look good, it's outdoor swimming, try that indoor :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back