jupiter from the back yard

hemlock1962

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello folks! i do a bit of ameture astronomy and so you know it crosses into astrophotography. LOL. i have a 70s model solestron C8 (orange tube) on a skyview pro mount. and was trying out the ZWO ASI178MC color camera. i'm learning as i go so it's not great. but man is it rewording! here is a shot from my back yard. (heavy light pollution.
jup exp1 copy copy.jpg

Not bad, better than I've done. I have a friend that's really into it. He built a little home observatory complete with a sliding roof. His telescope and equipment rests on a 30" diameter concrete pier that goes 6' into the ground to minimize surface vibrations. He's a computer geek that's built most of the specialized equipment he uses.

Not bad, better than I've done. I have a friend that's really into it. He built a little home observatory complete with a sliding roof. His telescope and equipment rests on a 30" diameter concrete pier that goes 6' into the ground to minimize surface vibrations. He's a computer geek that's built most of the specialized equipment he uses.
yeah man! some of these guys really get into it! i can't afford the gear. and i'm in the wrong place for it. but i have a great time anyway. astrophotography is a whole other animal!

Impressive! Very nice.

Most reactions

Back