Hippy 1 Bat ?

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So we're watching TV and aq bat decides to disrupt the evening. Normally I let them settle, but this guy kept dive bombing. So I took a swipe with my hat and kocked him down. Now the veg in me says, let it live so I cover it with my hat.I go to pick it up via hat, and the ***** bits me.. Didn't break the skin. so I use a towel and put him outside. As I sit here with my hat on, I wonder if that jerk had lice..Screw it bed time.Ed
p.s. will wash the hat

8428226521_6e01e6f4c5_o.jpg

:biglaugh:

lol yup def wash the hat lol

We had a Starling fall down our chimney last summer. Mr. Rabbit took the pipe off and plop, the bird fell out... then FREAKED (as did Mr. Rabbit, it fell into his hand unexpectedly lol) Unfortunately for the bird the one side of the house is glass... so guess what he did ... repeatedly? .... yup.... I had bird prints on the glass from one end to the other lol.

After I got the humans to stop running around trying to catch it in the air (silly humans lol) I grabbed a towel and gently tossed it over him when he was roosted for a moment between trying windows. Scooped him up and let him go outside then went in and told the humans THAT is how it's done. lol I can't imagine what my humans would do if it was a bat! lmao!!

Bats are good to have around, mind you, inside the house may not be the best. They eat loads of other pests each night.

Just recently, there was a bat dive bombing the Marquette / Providence game. Those throwing towels at it weren't thinking that bats use sonar. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So we're watching TV and aq bat decides to disrupt the evening. Normally I let them settle, but this guy kept dive bombing. So I took a swipe with my hat and kocked him down. Now the veg in me says, let it live so I cover it with my hat.I go to pick it up via hat, and the ***** bits me.. Didn't break the skin. so I use a towel and put him outside. As I sit here with my hat on, I wonder if that jerk had lice..Screw it bed time.Ed
p.s. will wash the hat

So, this is a common occurrence for you, bats in the house? How exactly are they getting in? No, never mind. My father always said "don't ask the question if you don't REALLY want to know the answer." :lol:
I've had lots of things in my house, including birds, but not on a regular basis (well, except the stupid stinkbugs--they've moved in and taken over!)

The question I DO want an answer to is:

WHY NO PICS?!?!

Seattle Kingdome... Mariner's game... Griffey... Randy Johnson... Edgar Martinez.... bat night... little baseball bats given to kids as tokens... then a. bat flies around the stands circling the stadium... some guy catches it in his glove... hands glove to an usher... he opens it and bat flys off... now he's circling the field between innings... then comes in closer circling the baseline and lands on the pocket of the unsuspecting umpire... umpire looks down sees bat... whacks him with his had knocks it to the ground... stomps on bat... dead bat taken away in a cup.

It was a great night for baseball..

Thanks guys. To answer the question, how do we have reaccuring bat invasion. have bats in my bellfree/attic. i let them be, most of the time they keep to themselves. maybe two or three nights a year one will get in the house. little gap around wood burning chimney. They are actually cute, unless the little boogers land on you, or you try to pick one up. and yes I washed the hat Thanks for the neat replies Ed

In the summer months, I love watching them dart through the evening sky, catching insects. They are quite acrobatic and graceful, swooping around. That's when I think, it must be hell to be a firefly. :lol:

inb4rabies?

But yeah, I'd go and get checked. It'd suck to have them and not know it, and then die or something.

lol yup def wash the hat lol

We had a Starling fall down our chimney last summer. Mr. Rabbit took the pipe off and plop, the bird fell out... then FREAKED (as did Mr. Rabbit, it fell into his hand unexpectedly lol) Unfortunately for the bird the one side of the house is glass... so guess what he did ... repeatedly? .... yup.... I had bird prints on the glass from one end to the other lol.

After I got the humans to stop running around trying to catch it in the air (silly humans lol) I grabbed a towel and gently tossed it over him when he was roosted for a moment between trying windows. Scooped him up and let him go outside then went in and told the humans THAT is how it's done. lol I can't imagine what my humans would do if it was a bat! lmao!!

Thats what happened to me 2 weeks ago at the place I work, (on my days off) had a bird to come in they tried for two days to catch it, HAHAHA. When I came back after my 2 days off while I gave the register guy a break, the bird was trying to get out the window, all I did was take a towel lay it over it, picked it up and let it out the door! now how hard was that? Humans!!

Ed.....We plan of being in your area again next weekend if the weather is good.. you can introduce your little friend, lol
Clara

Family has a place in the Poconos and from time to time we do get a bat in the cabin. The first year I stayed there one came in. I was wigged out and spent the night w/ a blanket over my head while the rest of the family slept soundly...lol They didn't even try to get it out. Just left it flying into things the whole night. lol I got used to it after a while. Now, no worries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back