Holy crap Batman, i'm in love with this lens

CdTSnap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I lost the plot a couple days ago and bought the new Nikon 105mm f/1.4

Seriously, the most beautiful lens ive ever used. I would seriously compare it to the Nikkor 200mm f/2

Both these images are SOOC

_DSC6623 by Chris Turner, on Flickr

_DSC6537 by Chris Turner, on Flickr

I'd love to see how it compresses an open outdoor background. 105mm f/1.4 sounds intense, I bet the way it renders is comparable to 135mm f/2.

I share the love. Was my christmas gift from myself to myself. Wonderful for nature and portraiture

Oh yeah the DOF is definitely greater than a 135 f2 by quite a bit. I tried that haha

I'll post some more pics later

There are lenses that are workhorses like the trinity and there are lenses that add magic to any shot and turn it into something special like many of the 1.4 primes and some of the 1.8 primes esp. wide open. The 1.4/105E is above all these a class of its own esp. at that weight point.

Nice shots. Maybe a few shots with a brighter background will get more amazing pictures. Just my thought.

There are lenses that are workhorses like the trinity and there are lenses that add magic to any shot and turn it into something special like many of the 1.4 primes and some of the 1.8 primes esp. wide open. The 1.4/105E is above all these a class of its own esp. at that weight point.

Yeah I'm super excited about it. Shooting 3 weddings this week so it'll get a workout

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back