Holy CRAP!!!

mygrain said:
Big Mike said:
Good to hear that the kitty is doing OK.

One of my pet snakes escaped a few months ago. I'm really hoping for one of those animal miracles. Snakes can actually survive over a year without food but it's a terrible feeling when you don't know if your pet is safe.

LOL. Mike your neighbors missing toy poodle might give a clue. :wink:

Well, the neighbors hamsters or gerbils might be in danger but that still might be too big a meal for my little Rosie. She is a two foot long corn snake.

Hey Correy, that cat looks awfully bendy and very relaxed. I once read a humor book on how to massage yer cat. Funny stuff.

Mike are corn snakes poisonious?

mygrain said:

Actually no snakes are poisonous but some are venomous...and no, corn snakes are not venomous. They kill their prey by constriction. My little corn snake has never even killed anything, she has been fed frozen/thawed prey her whole life.

Big Mike said:
mygrain said:

Actually no snakes are poisonous but some are venomous...and no, corn snakes are not venomous. They kill their prey by constriction. My little corn snake has never even killed anything, she has been fed frozen/thawed prey her whole life.

Oh. Well I'm sure instincts will kick in when it's feedin time. Animals have a tendency to resort back to the wiley ways if forced. I hope she turns up though. I had a friend who's boa packed up and left before he packed up and left and it turned up later in a another friend's(who lived in the same complex) utility room. They have since been reunited and are still happy.

The poor darlin :shock:

I'm glad kitty is ok , even if a little shaken up :love:

When my cat Tahlia ( dont have her anymore :( ) had kittens ...one of the little black ones somehow got out ( someone had left the door open for 2 minutes ) , and went over the balcony ( I lived on the second floor ). I looked down and saw this tiny black sweety lying there on the driveway , narrowly missed by a passing car and I ran downstairs crying , certain he was dead. He fell quite a distance !
He was barely concious , was bleeding from the mouth and the butt ....so I scooped his limp body up as carefully as I could in my palms and rushed him ( still crying my eyes out ) to the vet.
I remember the vet saying nonchantly " oh kittens bounce , he'll be fine ...." :shock:
And yeah , I picked him up the next day and , apart from falling over on his side in a weird fashion once or twice , he was ok....

But GOD , I was beside myself !! :cry:

If he'd have fallen from the 7th floor he might have had less damage. It's all to do with how they spin their body round when they're falling and giving them enough time to brace themselves.
So anyone with cats living in high-rise flats, it's ok to leave the window open. ;)

Cats are odd things. It's not often they seem to get hurt. I remember our old cat. We have no idea of her age when she died. 20+ without question. She was a stray (and not a young cat) that my mum used to feed when she lived in Wembley. When she moved she brought her with her. We lived in that house for 13 years and then moved here. We must have been here 5-6 years before she died. By the end she'd been run over a couple of times and had no teeth. :shock:

Yeah we had a cat from the RSPCA with us for about 23 years and it wasn't a kitten when we got it so he must have been around 25 or something and one day about 10 years ago we went on holiday to florida. Our cat was a very independent cat and the guy across the road just left some food out for him and everything was fine.. well usually.. except this time we went on holiday, my little sister didn't want the cat to get 'lost' while we were away... so unbeknown to us, she shut it in her bedroom.
For two weeks.
When we came back he was actually fine... just meowed at us for a while and had a bit of water and half a bowl of food and curled up infront of the fire like nothing happened!
He died a few months ago leaving a VERY big gap in our lives. Pets become part of the family really.

Yeah they definately do Spanky.
Sorry to hear he passed away :hug:

Ferny , yeah the vet explained that cats actually dont brace themselves ( like a human would ) ..... if they fall from a great height and , if they cant land on their feet , they make their bodies relax and 'flop'.
Didnt know that until that incident lol.

When you see a video of a cat landing on its feet its shoulders and legs look like they're going to burst through their back, they're that limber. :shock: Then they just walk off. :lol: Brace may not have been the right work, get themselves prepared may have been better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back