Honey Bee on Orange Milkweed

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unfortunately none of the less mag. shots turned out..for some reason I have a harder time getting sharp shots at 1:1 with the 1.4tc and 12mm tube than with the lens alone....probably because I'm shooting 252mm instead of 180mm.

p191231020-4.jpg

p444616146-4.jpg

p210596209-4.jpg

Looks great I really like #1. What was the exif? Its definitely a crazy thin DOF. Good job with the focus.

Nate
This is strictly my opinion, but I do not like the shots so close that I cannot see the most part of the insect. The detail is great, but the comp is short...

P.S.
I know this type of photography takes different skill sets and equipment, I have seen some of your other work which I really find enjoyable to view.

Nate
This is strictly my opinion, but I do not like the shots so close that I cannot see the most part of the insect. The detail is great, but the comp is short...

I agree when that is all you have... but a mix of these types of shots along with some that are a little further out can really capture the imagination.

Of course he said he didn't have any of the 1:1 shots come out clearly.

As always looking forward to your next shots Nate!

Thanks guys. I didn't have much luck with the 1:1 shots and farther back.....I'm honestly having a harder time getting shots at that mag than I am at the new 1.7:1. I'm thinking about stacking up my 68mm tubes to my 17-50 to see what I get for beyond 1:1....might start carrying to setups around with the D5000 17-50 and tubes for beyond 1:1 and then the T180 for 1:1 work....we'll see and I'll play around today if I have a chance.

Most reactions

Back