Hooray! Halfway Decent Eagle Shots!

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! What lens did you use?

These are really terrific!

Thanks; the lens was just my Nikon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6, the same lens I've complained about "not being long enough." I did buy a 1.4x TC, but these were taken before I got it, so they're 300mm, and cropped. I just got kinda "lucky" with the eagle being a bit irritated with me, so it flew around fairly low for a few minutes until it decided what it was gonna do with me! :lol:

Cool! I really like #2 & 3 also.

Thank you; I appreciate it!

GAH!!!!

YOU SUCK!!!!

Just kidding!
They are great captures! I wish I could get close enough to capture just one nice image like any of these! That 300mm is doing pretty darn good for you.

GAH!!!!

YOU SUCK!!!!

Just kidding!
They are great captures! I wish I could get close enough to capture just one nice image like any of these! That 300mm is doing pretty darn good for you.

Sweet!! I made someone jealous. :lmao: I've seen some of yours, so if you're a little jealous of these, I must be doing something right. :sexywink:
And yeah, now that I've settled down, I'm fine with the 300mm until I can afford something longer--there is plenty of improving to be had with THIS lens. (okay, that didn't stop me from still buying the 1.4x TC--but I didn't have it yet when I took these).

Love the pictures!
My only complaint is please don't get to close to the nests

Thanks, and no worries! Only reason I got that close in the first place was because I literally stumbled upon it. But even then, the nest is in the midst of a stand of several pine trees, where there is really nowhere to get right up on it, plus it's WAY, WAY up there in the tree! I'm not a great judge of heights, but I'd guess it's easily 50 feet up in a tree with basically NO lower limbs.
Still, now that I know where the nest is, when I go up the hill, instead of going right under where the nest is, I go up a little ways off from it, then angle back once I'm back out in the open so I'm close enough to at least see where it is.

Great captures.... have you ever checked out ReelFoot Lake? I have had good luck there with eagle and owl shots in the past.

Bob

Whoohoo... great Shots. I'm loading up right now in hopes of catching some birds. There are a lot of migratory birds in the area though mostly songbirds.

Great captures.... have you ever checked out ReelFoot Lake? I have had good luck there with eagle and owl shots in the past.

Bob

You know, I have never been to Reelfoot. I need to get over there sometime. But it's about three hours from me, so a bit more of an effort is required than where I found these--this pair is nesting in an area about five miles down the road I live on.

Whoohoo... great Shots. I'm loading up right now in hopes of catching some birds. There are a lot of migratory birds in the area though mostly songbirds.

Man, I'd LOVE to get to Florida and get some shots of the kind of birds you all have down there all year! I used to love to visit my grandmothers down there and see all the herons and ospreys and egrets and pelicans, not to mention the beautifully-colored songbirds.

Bob

You know, I have never been to Reelfoot. I need to get over there sometime. But it's about three hours from me, so a bit more of an effort is required than where I found these--this pair is nesting in an area about five miles down the road I live on.

Reelfoot is a great shooting area... it is a lot like a giant marsh, with wooden walk-ways that take you out quite a way into the heavily canopied marsh. 'Try to make it there one of these days... they have a great Nature Center as well.

Bob

Most reactions

Back