This bunny had a BAD day ( Hawk whisperer strikes again)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to my normal spot and was feeling pretty discouraged. January has been a slow month for me. I saw a Hawk swoop down out of the corner of my eye. This is what I found. I have more on flickr here if you like the gore.. RT Hawk vs The Bunny - a set on Flickr If you go there, mark your favorites. I'm trying to figure out which shots everyone likes best!

Red Tail Hawk and bunny by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk Vs The Bunny 11 by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk Vs The Bunny 3 by krisinct, on Flickr

4 NO DOF at F6.3 and 9 feet

Red Tail Hawk Vs The Bunny 4 by krisinct, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow! Great set!
Two things here. How far away were you in these? Because, the last one looks like you were directly over the hawk.
I have seen several predator events(cats mostly though) and am always compelled to try saving the meal and or cheer for escape. I wonder how I would react seeing an event like what you captured here. Fish no big deal, but a rabbit, eh.... <more of a statement and my own thoughts here I guess>

#3 is money. I really like how you captured his dinner on his face lol

Never mind the question of how far away you were. I didn't notice that you put up how far away you were. Duh! :meh:

Poor bunny!

But i really love the photos. Especially the one of the close-up of the birds face.
Really nice!

The last one is my favorite, nice captures!

Number 3 for me, fantastic shot. well done. (couldn't show the missus though, she would curse you for not helping that poor bunny )

Okay, that's gross.
No, they're awesome.
No, gross.
Awesome.

Those are really awesome!! And kinda gross. :lmao:
I do feel for the poor little bunny, but hey, you take your place in the food chain and you live or die by it. :D

Oh man,these are wild. 2 is great tells the whole story.

#3 all they way. These kinds of things don't bother me, hawks gotta eat too.

Beautiful. And grossly awesome or awesomely gross or . . . (thanks, Sharon!)

Lol, thanks everyone! It was way too late for the bunny anyways, even if it wasn't, I would not have intervened. It was so amazing to watch this hawk I actually had to zoom out to 200mm just to get the whole bird in the frame...

nice, i guess when they get a meal that big you can get pretty close, cause they are not going to leave that meal...

i saw one the other day with a big snake, but only for a split second and couldnt track him down to get a photo

Great set. hard to pick a favorite . but i'm going with 4.

Most reactions

Back