Hot Rod Commercial Shot

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
jim-car.jpg

I love it, but it seems to be too much crop off the bottom cutting off the tires.

So right! It was a three layer composite, but I totally agree.

And the thing that makes me go, "Ugg!" is the reflection in the front window. Killed it for me, but the client didn't notice, thank God!

The vignetting is cutting in on the subject at the bottom... I know sometimes it's necessary to use some vignetting, but I think this one would've been better without it.

first thing i noticed was the windshield, simple CPL should have cleaned that up, should always have it when shooting cars. then i noticed the vignetting, which is a bit much for my taste but that's a personal preference thing. then i saw the reflections in the door and front bumpers. CPL wouldn't fix that but if you had positioned the car or yourself a little differently you may have been able to at least get rid of the one on the cars right bumper, which is the most distracting to me since it makes it look darker than the rest of the car. the one on the door... is that a building? i'd like a little less sky in the frame too, if this is a commercial shoot i'd think you'd want to draw the attention to the car more and the sky less. yeah it looks cool and menacing, which adds to the car, but i dont think you need as much to get that point across.

Thanks so much. Great advice! I appreciate ya!

Great work and PP, however the car seems to be too close to the bottom of the frame. I would have liked to see some space between the wheels and the frame...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back