House on the hill!!

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was walking down the canal and saw this house on the opposite side.... i couldnt get any closer... CC welcome

house.jpg

Make sure you go back, will you? This is too interesting a subject to only take this one photo with the blown-out sky. You will want to get it in some different light. And then ... creepy as it may be, and forbidden even, maybe? ... but don't you feel like going inside and taking some photos there? Looks like a wonderful place to explore (though I would need to don my brown trousers! :shock: ). (I assume it is empty - now IS IT?)

i think its empty at the moment... but i noticed a van parked at the side... i think its being done up.

its not far from my house and when i was a kid we used to dare each other who could stay in it the longest LOL you think its creepy now... you want to try going inside at NIGHT!!! wooaah!!

i have this picture taken without the zoom, i took this just before the one above

house2.jpg

i know the light isnt to good.... i will go back today and take some more pics... believe it or not, it was a bright day when i took them.
it a little overcast today

personally i like the second better....i did a quick mod that i like even more...hope you do to...?

apartment21fk1.jpg

I love the modifications mykill did, it totally sets the mood all the way to 11 on the creepy scale

OK, ive been back... i cant get inside sorry... all locked up :( but i got close and went round the building :)

as you can see someone must own it...
also notice the vandal Andrew cant spell his own name LOL
DSC_0170.jpg

talk about creepy!!! have you seen this on the side of the bulding!!!
DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Bars on the doors :(
DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

i tried taking the pictures on auto... but looking on the LCD and Histogram they were always too dark?? so i switched to manual and made them a little darker.

nothing has been changed on these pictures accept the size, any comments are welcome, im a newbie and comments help me learn

Thanks

I don't mind people taking photos of my summer house but please ask next time ;-) :lol:

Its a great looking place

awesome set, I think myskill's modification works really well. The private property shot is my favorite.

I LOVE the finger in that one shot hehe I found it funny I havent had the finger in the shot in a long time, I miss it.

Clegg Hall today is literally a shell of its former self. Records testify to a building on this site as early as 1135 and there are indications that its history may go back even earlier than that.

i think thats my first finger!! oooer :)

i didnt notice it till it will posted.

Myskill's mod, is good, sets the mood well.

there are some websites on the house... it seems to be quite famous..and OLD

the house is been refurbished... it was stood empty for 60 years
http://www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk/news/s/45/45231_jason_makes_plans_to_live_in_the_past.html

if you want to see some of the pictures from nearly 100 years ago
"Some time in the early 1900s there was a fire at Clegg Hall and it has never been whole since" .....untill now ;)
http://www.popularscience.co.uk/features/feat2.htm

great picture to compare with mine here
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/193719

Most reactions

New Topics

Back