How can I Improve this Image?

your profile lists that its ok to edit your images, so with a little dodge/burn work i came up with this:

original:
IMG_2010_02_28_7474forweb_o.jpg

edit:
IMG_2010_02_28_7474forweb_e.jpg

I think a better way to improve the image would be to have reflected some of that pretty light you have hitting her hair, back onto her face. In the edit I think she looks sort of possessed.

your profile lists that its ok to edit your images, so with a little dodge/burn work i came up with this:

original:
IMG_2010_02_28_7474forweb_o.jpg

edit:
IMG_2010_02_28_7474forweb_e.jpg
That edit is a bit over the top, at least in the eyes, and incomplete in other areas.

Basically, in the original photo, the face is underexposed. Very easy fix, since you used the pop-up flash you don't have any heavy shadows in the eye sockets, so a simple exposure increase is all you really need, IMO of course.

Below is just that, an increase in exposure, slight bump in fill light, and a bump in blacks to bring back some color and contrast. Very simple.

IMG_2010_02_28_7474forweb_o_1.jpg

Thanks Chammer. I agree with others on the eyes. I prefer to leave them natural as she is my neice and im sure the mother would know that i spruced the eyes like that. Thanks for the edit.

Greg i like that look. I certainly have to invest in a reflector. Thanks everyone.

I thought the reflector suggestion was a good one too. I took a crack at editing as well. Really, what was said earlier it mostly needed a little increase in exposure.

I did pretty much that but using the lighting control in ACDSee (advanced shadows and highlights tool). I increased the saturation of some of the red tones a litte bit too using Advanced color EQ. Also a little bit of highlight recovery, using the highlight tool.

Before
p166287885-3.jpg

After
p29447192-3.jpg

yea, i agree about the eyes too. i just wasnt sure what you were looking for so it was a more generic edit "here's what could be done". making the eyes pop is something i am just picking up so i thought this would be a nice practice picture for it....but yea, over done lol. :)

Sinjans- I think your edited version looks great!

Edits using adobe RAW. Too much on the exposure i wonder?
The original looks dull along side edited ones. But by itself, I prefer the original by a long shot.

Beautiful shot, btw. The blow up looks even better.

Well this is a helpfull place to work i must say. thanks again people. Still a ways to go with my PP. Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back