How can I use my Pentax ME super?

fabiliux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have this old Pentax ME super that my dad bought a loong time ago.

It hasn't been used in a long time. And I'm wondering, as a beginner, how I can use this camera, how to digitalise the photos and so on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Get some fresh batteries for the lightmeter. Buy some film...eg Fuji Superia 400. Make photos. Go to a 1 hour processing lab. Ask for negatives to be developed, uncorrected hi-res scans of those, put onto CD/DVD. Upload to the web or get prints made.

Epson makes a nice, inexpensive scanner that has 35mm negative carriers. You can do better with a top-end scanner, but you probably won't notice the difference unless you make really big enlargements, and we're talking about a lot more money for those top-quality scanners.

I have 3 ME Supers so I am familiar with the camera. Like said get a set of new batteries, set the lens aperture at f8 or f5.6 for normal use and shoot away. Do put the shutter dial on auto. With 400 film you may need f11. The shutter speed is set automatically. Once you get the hang of getting all of the pictures the way you want then you can start playing around and seeing what else you want to do. Extra lenses in the K mount are very inexpensive and very plentiful.

If you can pick up a Pentax flash likethe little AF160 it will automatically set the shutter speed to the 125 speed for the correct sync speed. You just set the proper f stop and the flash will cut the light off at the proper time for correct exposure. That flash sells for under $10.00 on E-Bay. It may take a little to getit shipped to Bergen. If you want one for shipping only I have one. Send me a private message. This is a small flash but very usable inside a home. For sport use in a gymnasium it is not the one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back