How cheap can I go?

Borad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not in a rush to buy but there are some good deals on used cameras so I was shopping around for one of them. It started getting time consuming to look up reviews and details that aren't in the specs and often I'd want something that the camera doesn't have, so I figured I'd ask what models to look for.

Here's my list of wants: zoom while filming, close to no sound in video while zooming, decent focus during zooming, good focus control (either manual or very good auto-focus options for selecting area to focus), fits decently in large BDU cargo pocket (the thinner the better, without upping cost much, about 2-1/4" thick is OK), as cheap as possible.

I don't care about any features that I can easily accomplish in a free desktop application. For example, I don't mind importing pictures to Irfan View for simple color corrections. I'm even willing to use something like Davinci Resolve for digital anti-shaking, but I think some cameras have hardware stabilization that there's no post processing substitute for, so that's something that would be nice.

Suggestions?

OK, so it's looking like the cheapest used mirrorless cameras with lenses are in the $100-$150 range. I wonder if there's a point and shoot that meets my requirements. Some come close and I figure there must be one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back