How do i fix unwanted inverted reflections from dark surfaces of an image?

Nathan_P

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently had a problem with photographs at a wedding where the majority of 500 images have reflections covering all dark surfaces of the image. The wedding was outdoors in a covered pavillion, there was a lake in the background, and almost all photographs with the lake in the background show an inverted reflection of the leaves of a tree over dark surfaces in the image.

By dark surfaces, I'm referring mostly to the suits of the groom and groomsmen, but also to heavily shadowed areas of the image's foreground as well.

I'd like to know two things, if anyone has any information that could help. . . First, how does something like this happen? I can't see any physically possible way for the lake to have reflected the tree, as the tree was 50 feet away and the lake was 200 feet away. Second, I'd appreciate any suggestions on a way to edit this flaw out of the images. Obviously, it being a wedding, I can't get these photos again. Any help on either issue would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am almost completely unfamiliar with forums and forum etiquette, so please accept my apologies if this is posted under the wrong category or if the information requested or presented is poorly written.

Could you post some examples? It would be easier to give feedback if we could see the photos you were talking about

Welcome to The Photo Forum.

If you're a beginner, you posted in the right forum,
forum_new.gif
Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery .

It's not to hard, each forum section has a title and a description. Check them all out and choose the appropriate one.

If you're going to post images you need to read this on how that is done and you'll find the Forum Rules and Reqs here.

Without images, my minds eye is seeing reflections in the lens, like from a UV filter in front of the objective glass.

That is what I was thinking, I can't see how they'd show up any other way.

Yikes, hope you didn't get paid for this one, or you might be issuing a refund. Hopefully you can do some post to get the images fixed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back