how do i get rid of blowout?

ToddLange

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i took some pictures of my friend today, and his t-shirt(was white) got some really bad blowout around his shoulders.

how do i stop this from happening?

and can i get rid of it in photoshop elements 7?

thanks in advance.

You can clone out small areas pretty easily. You can also bring down the brightness a notch, but details are gone (and cannot be recovered) so it won't help except to take the focus off it.

The best way is to avoid it to begin with by avoiding harsh sunlight altogether. I find it helps if I dress my models in non-white clothing as well if the lighting situation looks dicey.

If his white shirt is THAT important, you can always expose for his SHIRT (and underexpose the rest of his body). Then, open two files in Photoshop, the original properly exposed shirt, and a file exposure corrected for your friends face (hopefully its not TOO bad, and adjusting the exposure doesn't bring in too much noise - i.e. exposing for the shirt didn't put your friends face in some ridiculous shadow). Then, layer one on top of the other, apply a Layer Mask, and then mask in the areas you want on the top most layer. Viola.

Most reactions

Back