How do I...?

Some bizarre cropping choices on some of those shots.. A quarter of a dog in one of them, lots of children missing the top of their heads....

That's what I saw too. And 3/4 of the shots were WAY over exposed. :(

Oh well... anyway..

Like her work or don't, but she's a pro.

The obvious answer is, being "pro" is no guarantee of being able to take good pictures or that you know what you are doing. Bizarre is bizarre... lol

I think I know the effect you are referring to. Many of the 'on location dog shots' were done outdoors but with additional lighting used as well. This allows her to use the sun as a back light and then a light for 'fill'. It could be a flash/strobe light, a hot light or even a reflector. She might even be bringing her 'studio' lights outside and using them there.

I agree that's probably what the OP is referring to.

I looked through most of the galleries, and I think the majority of photos look pretty good. A little bit out of the box, but this sort of lifestyle photography, and even the washed, mid-day lighting are popular right now. I bet she's successful. There were a few photos I'd question including in a portfolio, but in general I think some of the above posters are confusing skill with a difference in taste. Her stuff is as good or better than anything I've seen in Rangefinder mag in a while (admittedly that ain't saying much :) ).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back