How do you keep from taking a picture?

zedin

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok.. I know this sounds like a stupid question but..

Often if I have a 3 day weekend or can squeeze something into a regular weekend I like to head to the mountains to take pictures. The problem is I never get very far down the trails since I can't help but stop every few feet to take some shots of something. The problem is I want to actually hike in a ways to get to the areas that are traveled much less (and thus photographed less) but I never seem to make it. I know it sounds stupid but I have a hard time passing up something that I think will make a good shot just to keep going down the trail and was wondering if others have ever had this problem and what do they do?

take the bateries out of your camera, lock it, detatch the lens, put all your stuff in separate bags.. then, when you come across something you think will make an interesting shot, it will be to much of an efford putting your cam together just for that shot, and you can continue walking..:p

Or you can promise yourself by saying you will allow yourself to take that shot on the way back. but first you'll have to hike all the way to where you wanna go to deserve the shot on the way back..

Good luck! (if we all say we wanna see those mountain shots, would that give you the drive to go all the way to the top? if so: we wanna see those shots!)

Although this may not help much, but the more you shoot, the more selective your shot becomes. Take a serious look at your shots. How many of those early shots are absolute keepers? This may help you to slow down and get that great shot.

Kevin is right. I'll often notice things that i'm like, 'hey that's cool.' but since i view things almost as if i would see them through a viewfinder, sometimes i notice that what i'm looking at wouldnt really make a unique picture, just something nice (which is why i wish i wasnt shooting so many flower shots). I would suggest going for where you want to go first so as to get the good lighting, then on the way back down take shots of things you find interesting.

Id say easev eariler, or camp...then you can take those shots! MUHAHAH....well...I mean...either that or yeh make it hard to get to your cam....

Most reactions

Back