mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me outline my problem here.

For a while I couldn't find a roll of 46mm film anywhere. Now suddenly its all over ebay. Well at least some here and there. It is all color of course and I mostly shoot black and white. So i got to thinking.

1. If I can make a black and white image I can scan the neg, zero out the red base of the film base and print it just fine digitally.

2. If not I can always take it to the one hour lab to get color negs.

I know you can develop c41 film in b&w chemicals but does anybody have any idea what the development time would be. Most similar iso black and white films are in the same ballpark time wise. I wonder if that it true for color as well.

So if you have ever done this or read the time line please let me know thanks.

I've only done it on accident with Ilford XP-2 (C41 BW without the orange base). I don't remember what I thought it was, probably HP5 or FP4. The negs were thinner and had less contrast than I'd normally expect (maybe developing them longer would help?). I was also told that there were probably some archival issues.

If it were me I'd get it done in C41 at the local full service lab. They'll "develop only/do not cut" for $2.69. I don't know if I'd trust the kids at the econo labs to load a format other than 35mm without light leaks.

I had two rolls done at the econo in color and they were fine. cost me about the same but I stood and waited while they were done.

I tried black and white but it looked to thick I think i over developed it. I'm evaluating the camera now to see if I want to do it again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back