How long does it take you to edit and size a cliets photos

Hi,
My turn around of 500-800 fully enhanced images runs between 2-3 weeks.
I depends most on how much you are booked, how many photos you plan on giving a client and how polished you wanna make them.
Hope that helps!

Oh, you needed workflow too...sorry:

1. Back up cards (normally around 20 Gigs Plus-two photographers)
2. Sort and Develope in Lighroom (normal pull about 1000 photos) Render. Ship to Folder called "Processed"
3. Pull up "Processed" folder in the Browser in PS3 and pull 50 images at a time. Retouch photos individually, and ship off to "Finished" Folder. Work through all images.
4. Rename all images in Final Folder
5. Back up Finals Folder to External Drive
6. Automate BW batch of Final Folders saved to new folder called "BW"
7. Rename all images in BW folder and move to Finals Folder
8. Automate 4x6 Bordered Proof Images for Web Gallery-saved to new folder called "4x6"
9. Move Black and White Images back to BW folder.
10. Burn Client Copies using Unlead Burn Now to DVD
11. Print DVD printable DVD labels on Epson 3800 Disk Printer
12. Package in 8.5x11 Disc Album with Favorite Image in 8.5x11
13. Upload 4x6 bordered proofs to Collages.net
14. Send client an e-mail (or call) with letter saying Images are up for proofing and images discs are being mailed.
15. Design Album using combination of YSI, Graphic Authority and Pixel Creator Pro and render as PSD file. Save in new PSD folder.
16. Automate PSD file to render as JPG-save in new JPG file.
17. Upload album proof to Collages.
18. Make client changes if necessary.
19. Order Album (s)

I don't think Lightroom would be a jack......it shaved almost a week off the time it used to take me to edit. Lightroom is a GodSend!!!!!!
I used to have to upload cards to their own files due to having craploads of different cameras, but with lightroom you can stick them in one giant folder because it ignores same numbered files.
Then I used to have to do my pulls in PS and transfer to Capture One to do my exposure and white balance edits. That transfer time took forever. Then I had to transfer them back to PS.
Lightroom saves your files/backing them up simultaneously. You can pull and edit right in the same program. You can even make your slideshows, and gallery proofs right there for the shoot/burners.
Worth every penny and then some!

Most reactions

Back