How many......

PHOTOMANTY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How many people here actually earn a living as a photographer?
With this field being so flooded is it possible to earn an good living through photography?

I'm asking because I have a 9 to 5 and I make OK money through photography. I want nothing more in life than to drop the 9 to 5 and jump into photograph full time. I'm just so use to a consistent pay check.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

I am in the same boat as you. This is the first year that I've really tried to promote my photography biz, which is mostly portraits and weddings, and I'll make a little more than 1/2 what I make with my 9 to 5 job. Next year is already filling up, so I'm excited about future potential to quit day job, or even go to part time. Unfortunately, now that I'm actually trying to make a living, I have to pay taxes, and the government man do take a bite.

Marketing is the key. I'm spending most of this years profits on advertising (which is very, very expensive) in hopes for greater returns. So far I've only used free advertising (stuff on the web), and I'm getting quite a few calls, so I hope actually paying for local ads will bring in steady biz.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back