How much to charge actors for head shots?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks:

So I've had a few shoots with the theatre I'm contracted with, and our last shoot included head shots for the actors, which will be used for the marquee. That said, I have the options of selling the head shots to the actors for their personal use as well.

I've already been paid by the theatre for the shoot which included promo photos as well. But I'm wondering how much I should charge the actors for the head shot photos. I normally charge $150 for a standard head shot session, but in this case, the photos have already been taken, and so anything now is extra. And they're only getting one photo, as opposed to they typical 3-7 I do with head shot sessions.

Right now I'm thinking either $50 or $75... what do you think?

Enough so you make significantly more money than it costs you to make the head shots.
In other words, what you charge depends on your cost of doing business and cost of goods sold + whatever you have determined your profit needs to be to keep your business viable and keep you fed and housed.

Enough so you make significantly more money than it costs you to make the head shots.
In other words, what you charge depends on your cost of doing business and cost of goods sold + whatever you have determined your profit needs to be to keep your business viable and keep you fed and housed.

Haha, well if I charged what I need to keep me fed and housed then it would be unaffordable xD

I've determined that it should be $75 or $50. Just looking for insight from people based on the situation I've described.

Most reactions

Back