How not to unload a truck

on a darker note. guy here died from a lift. protruding object part of the racking system) came into the cab, basically pressed him and crushed him. Because it pressed him back from the controls and pushed him up out of the seat his feet weren't able to touch the pedals there was really nothing he could do to get out of it. just slowly died as it pressed him in so far he couldn't breathe. Too bad no one was around to help him. since then we have more restrictions on people being able to work alone, little more careful about that, because if someone was there they could have reversed the lift and he would have probably lived. His wife and kids got a settlement but what good is the money really..

I had one azzhat pull his truck up a bit............ before I was completely off!! Did a half somersault (no tuck position) onto the gravel lot. We unloaded semis by hand with rollertrack.
everything is dock lock now, least with the corporation I work for. The trailer locked down to the building. The trucker can try to drive away all he wants it aint going no where. soon as that locks in it aint moving he and his trailer are permanently stuck to the dock door until released. Just to avoid instances like you just mentioned.

........keep in mind I am on stroke from working in warehouse.......

CalvinBlink2.gif

Obviously that guy needs to watch the forklift safety video. btw, don't watch if you're squeamish. But it's some funny stuff.

Klaus, the next week:

Klaus, the next week:

don't even know how that happened. The racking systems are made to suspend the weight equally across all the members. seen the legs knocked out before most that happens is a bent beam on one they don't fall the weight just transfers to the others. so it really should have just knocked the leg out and transferred the weight to the other ones. I don't get it. Maybe they didn't have it bolted together right who knows...maybe they didn't have the middle legs bolted down into the crete so they were kicked out a well.

Stupid should hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Stupid should hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
yeah but it is these morons that get people killed and drive up insurance and comp rates.

I am surprised that guy got up so fast. That had to hurt like hell!

I'm hoping "strike". :)

Always be extra vigilant when carrying armament.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back