How to Adjust ?

Glasticart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, Im a complete photography beginner and am looking into buying the canon 1000D SLR mid march. I'm making sure I have done quite alot of research and understand everything back to front before I purchase the camera and begin a new hobby.
This may be quite a stupid question but I was wondering how to adjust varies things on an SLR camera. Aperture, Shutter Speed, DOF etc.. do you adjust them on the lens on the LCD settings on the camera?
Thanks Alot :)

It varies between camera manufacturer and level of DSLR. Best advice you could follow is to go to a store and pick up the model you're thinking about buying. All of those things will be adjusted primarily on the body itself, but as I said it varies between camera bodies. Make all those adjustments and compare that to other models and manufacturers. I had a Canon XTi and recently upgraded to a 50D and the controls are significantly different.

On the 1000D (XS) you do control shutter speed, depth of field, and ISO with buttons on the frame using the lcd display.

After learning the settings from the manual, a good book on exposure would be helpful. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson is a good one. An article on aperture, shutter speed and ISO can be found here.

If there is a store nearby, go there and play with them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back