How to blow up your speed light

I just got this to work with my Nikon SB24, I had to have it in rear curtain mode but I got 600WS out of it.

I also tried that infra red mode, but it just makes my skin warm. Any ideas on what its supposed to do ?

I've read a lot of Primo Aprilla's stuff on nano-particles and flex capacitors

"This all soundslike an april fools joke to me"

Surely not?

If you wanted to double the output of an electronic flashgun you would have to quadruple the voltage across the capacitor. That's not possible by simply 'charging twice' as described in the excellent Strobist spoof.

Best,
Helen

Heck with the overkill watt seconds those boys need to put in a large series resistor between the cap and tube to lower the amperage. Slow the discharge time to 1/200 and crank the shutter all the way up.

If you wanted to double the output of an electronic flashgun you would have to quadruple the voltage across the capacitor. That's not possible by simply 'charging twice' as described in the excellent Strobist spoof.

Of course. The real easy way to do this is to open up a microwave, grab the 3000V stepup transformer. Run a cable from that to the capacitor in your flash, and turn it all on.

You'll have W/S all over the kitchen, just be careful it's corrosive.

Garbs dont forget the rectifier and a trigger to ionize the gas. :thumbup:

Im told the old speedotron 120 could be locked down at 1kw full arc for like 10 min. Id be SKEERED at at least blinded.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back