how to catch the lightening?

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
YAY! I was trying to catch it withou any serious results. Especially that I'm using a digital cam that has a delay :)

Firstly I tried to shot a series of photos, but mostly, when it finished - the lightening came down.!!! Agrrrr. So I decided to record - I left my cam. on a tripod for about a minute and it was recording everything. But a resolution of the frame is awful. What to do? Just use a trial and error method and shot all the time?

There are a few different methods depending on what your camera can do, how dark it is etc.

Set your camera on a tripod or something and set it for a fairly long exposure...10 seconds or 15 or 30 seconds etc. Basically keep shooting those long exposures and hope you get some lightning.

hope... yes.. that's the only thing left :p my camera allows for only 2 seconds :p it's fuji s5000 and it's its biggest disadvantage I think

It might be pretty hard with only a two second exposure.

Can you set your camera to take exposures one after another. Like if you held down the button? You could do that until the card is full and check if you got one. Then empty the card and try again if you didn't' get it.

Most reactions

Back