How to get something off my lens?

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have my Nikon CoolPix L4.

I always carry it in my pocket for any shot I might want to take. After about the 9,000th shot or something I noticed when I zoomed in there was a mark on the photo.

It only happens when I zoom in though. Now I called in to Nikon and they said I could try one of those "bulb" droppers an try to force some air to move it. It didn't work. They guy also said it was a sealed lens. But I'm thinking if I can't get any air to move it because it's a sealed lens, how did it get in there in the first place?

I don't know what I would do without my camera for the 3-5 week turnaround time to send it in to Nikon and send it back.

Any other options?

Here are some samples
DSCN9277.jpg

DSCN9281.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

Thanks

~Michael~

You could try some of that 'caned air' or just compressed air from a compressor. Normally I wouldn't recommend that because of the crap that can come out of stuff like that...but it may be the only choice besides paying someone to take it apart. It may even cost you more to have it cleaned (with shipping etc) that it would to just get a new one.

Do you have a camera shop near you that does repairs? It may only take a bit of dismantling to be able to blow the crap out of there.

Ok thanks. There are some Wolf Camera's around here and I can see what they can do.

Thanks again

~Michael~

Most reactions

Back