How to get this light and cold look?

tommyfrost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Use really bad lighting conditions and no flash to make the original photo.

In Photoshop -

Make a Vibrance adjustment layer and reduce the Vibrance.

Make a Curves adjustment layer.
Grab the lower left end of the Curve line and slide it up until you get the amount of white haze you want.
You can also select each color channel and add a color cast like the blue (cold) cast in the 1st linked to photo, or any of several other techniques.

It's a very common 'look' pushed to an extreme.

CurvesNoAdjustment.jpg

CurvesHaze.jpg

Last edited:
Not getting it - to me it just looks like lens flare, overexposure and poor white balance. Why is this good?

Or, use a roll of Ektachrome, left on the dash of a car parked in HOT sun all day, and process normally. Go on... ask me how I know...

I see absolutely NOTHING redeeming about those images at all!

This reminds me a bit of this fad we currently have going where photographers try to come up with new and improved ways to ruin images. For the life of me... I can't figure out why anyone would think they are attractive.

But if you really want to do this... you don't even need Photoshop. Just use the saturation adjustment in any photo adjustment application and decrease the saturation -- resulting in a flat, uninteresting image. Then grab the white balance adjustment and slide it toward the "blue" (cold) side.

Two adjustments... takes less than 10 seconds.

Thank for the input KmH. But I'm still looking for help to get the blue and cold touch of the image. Any ideas?
I think it's a bit off-topic to discuss whether you like the pictures or not - that's not what I would like to get helped with.

I don't get it - some of you guys don't like her pictures, which is okay, but I posted this on a forum, where we're supposed to help each other. Instead I don't get any help but comments that's worth nothing to me.
Anyone who is willing to help?

I already asked her some time ago and I'm still not getting an answer. That's why I seek help in this forum

I don't get it - some of you guys don't like her pictures, which is okay, but I posted this on a forum, where we're supposed to help each other. Instead I don't get any help but comments that's worth nothing to me.
Anyone who is willing to help?

Simmer down there tommy... TCampbell gave you the answer... "grab the white balance adjustment and slide it toward the "blue" (cold) side"

Most reactions

Back