how to remove chormatic background with CS2?

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
say i do a portrait shot of a person with a chormatic background......how can i remove the background "entirely" from the image....including the tiny bit between the hairs..........the difficult part is the tiny part between the hairs....i dont know how to remove them.....please help

There are several methods to get started...but I usually end up spending some time zoomed in very close and working with a very small brush size.

I think the important part is using a non destructive technique...so don't erase the background. Use a layer mask so that you can 'paint' it on or off as you go.

I usually start with either the magnetic lasso, the magic wand or select/color range. It also helps if you use an adjustment layer first, to turn up the contrast between the subject and the background.

Once I have the selection made, I turn it into a layer mask (on a duplicate layer). Then what I like to do, is to create a color fill layer with an opacity of 30-50% and put that between the layer with the mask and the background. Then I just zoom in and go around the outline with the brush. When it comes to hair, I use a small(ish) brush with soft edges to paint in the mask where the background shows through, then come back with a smaller brush that has harder edges and paint back in the stray strands of hair. It helps to play with the opacity of the brush or choose a tone between black and white for your brush.

is there a tool in CS2 that allows you to select a certrain "hue/tone" in your image and remove only that particular selection?....like the hue/saturation tool....you can select a certain hue, or color tone in your image and adjust only pixels in that range....if you know what i'm talking about

Under the 'select' menu, the should be a 'color range' option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back