How's this for an aspiring real estate photographer C&C

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scan10025_edited-1.jpg

Developed film scanned in Canon scanner and autoedited in Photoshop Elements.

i would say its not good at all... its very badly out of focus, and its slanted really badly to the left..

this must be a troll.. theres no way you think this is good..

this has to be a joke.

I don't know if what I am doing is a waste. I take pictures using film, scan it in Canon scanner, and edit them in Photoshop Elements. I did have it developed at Wal-Mart for $2.68/per roll. I don't develop them myself nowadays because the chemicals irritate my skin.

yea, its a joke.. clearly a troll.. i mean, its funny, but i dont really get why people troll..

or posts something that is terrible, and comments on how good it is.. anyone with eyes can see this is not a good image, so its clear that its a joke..

or posts something that is terrible, and comments on how good it is.. anyone with eyes can see this is not a good image, so its clear that its a joke..

Except he has said nothing of the sort - this is the beginners section, we get beginners in here ---- expect them!

Right now that is out of the way back to the image, a few things stand out.

1) You really need a tripod I think so that you can really get a good clear composition, at the moment the shot looks a little grabby, with the angle being a little on the slide.

2) You also need a smaller aperture when taking this shot - or to use a more zoomy lens, one or the other or both. This is to get a greater depth of field, since as it stands you only have a tiny bit of the tap head in focus, the rest is all in horrible blur - you need more in focus for it to work well I think, especially for realestate work which is not aimed at being abstract art
Note a tripod would help here as it would let you use a slower shutter speed with that smaller aperture (bigger f number and less light getting through the camera) without getting blur from handshake

3) I would also readup on some editing methods as well - noise, sharpening, levels, curves, saturation and so forth - there is some good reading on this site here - have a read and start to put it into practice
Ron Bigelow Articles

4) I would also recomend considering perhapse a few different developing centres, wallmart is quick and easy but not that professional (at least from what I read) so maybe some others could recomend places to get your film developed.

I would also recomend getting hold of and reading Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson for some more advice about exposure settings, I think you need to work on this some more otherwise its really going to let you down.

As for the shot for realestate I am not in this area at all but to me a set of taps is not really what they are after I think - when I see people posting realestate work its wideangle shots of rooms and similar works.

Before calling someone a troll, maybe should check their post count or join date. And maybe some of their other posts.

Yes, that picture is not that good. But its far from troll bait.

What's not mentioned is the scanner may not be focusing on the negative or print correctly. As well as impropper camera use.

yeah im thinking he has too many legit posts to be a troll.

however...as said...the image is not up to par with what would be needed for real estate photography. the tilt and comp can be fixed a bit in PP, but the focus...oy the focus.

reshoot.

Before we comment on the quality of the photo, shouldn't we first ask what this has to do with real estate photography?

Nobody asked so, maybe, there's something I don't get :er:

Yup, out of focus and not horizontal.

When I think of real estate photography, I think of room shots, entire house shots, etc. I don't really think a picture of a kitchen faucet will sell many houses. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back