Hurry help! Minolta no work...

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Vinnie90, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Vinnie90

Vinnie90 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I just acquired a Minolta X-370 with 45 f2 for what I found to be a bargain. Now I have a problem, camera was fine and then tonight I took one last shot to finish of the roll and the mirror locked up and no more workie, haha. So I changed the batteries and nothing. Is there anything I can do because I need it working by tomorrow.

2. skieur

skieur TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    On some Minoltas there is a little turn lock-up "knob" for the mirror on the side of the body near the lens, which works great unless it gets slightly out of position. In other words the mirror can be locked up by accident.

skieur

3. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The X370 does not have a lock up feature. It does, however have electronic capacitors that can go with age and as you had film in the camera (firing shutter empty can lock the mirror) I would say that a capacitor's number is up. No normal CLA. Spend $45 dollars to get a set of capacitors, a set of small jeweler's screwdrivers, a soldering iron and some solder and an X370 repair manual. Or spend that much on eBay and just get a new body. If you have the buttloads of accessories/lenses like I do for my XG-M then the new body is well worth the investment.

4. Vinnie90

Vinnie90 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah it is the capacitor, and with the money I spent on it, it's smarter to get a new body. Thanks.

5. Early

Early TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Shucks! Get two bodies, and keep one as a back up or for use with another film or whatever.