I almost ..

When I was little I passed out in the middle of a schools gym on a Sunday when it was full of stalls and junk. It was some sort of fair, but I forget which. That was because I hadn't been eating properly.

I collapsed when I was about 13 in the middle of the night. Went to hospital where they found out my iron levels were low and I had a virus of some description. Missed two days of school.

I almost passed out a couple of years ago. I was laying on my bed with my feet up on the wall. I walked to the bathroom and had the same thing you did. That was down to blood pressure. I had no blood in my legs because they were raised. When I stood up it all rushed back.

I almost passed out the other day because the bath water was too hot (there is a thread here called something like "I think the bath was too hot").

In short, don't do what I do, go see your doctor. It probably isn't anything. But it could be.
Get well and don't die on us. I'll miss your avatars.

Lol will try not to die ;) ... it'll just mess with my trip to Canada and the government probably dont give visas to dead people ...

" She'll just lie around and do nothin all day.
We dont let slackers into our country !! "

Wow Ferny , you've had quite a few incidents :shock: ....I remember readin your 'bath' thread. Had that before ... today was very much like that sensation , where ya actually cant see and so forth.

And :hug: 's Mark. I love peekin at ya blog , obviously lol ! :D

Losing your vision has to be one of the scariest things to happen. Not being able to breathe osn't much fun either though. I used to get bad migraines at school (and get teased for it). They'd start with either blurry vision of my hands going numb. Then it would progress to both hands going numb and my vision almost going completely. Followed by a massive headache for the rest of the day. It took a week or so to get over them fully. I used to get them pretty regularly. Since I've left school I've only had one. And after I had that one they finally gave me some tablets I can take when I start to feel one coming on.

When it first happened I did. It wasn't connected. It's just what happens when I get a migraine. I had them done a few years ago as well. I was told I'm short-sighted in one eye. Not enough to worry about. I can't remember which eye. :oops:

Anyway, shouldn't you be in bed?

I was very close to passing out and choking on my own vomit when I fell off a mates motorbike up the bush not so long ago, Basically I came cruising out of a nice 90 degree bend, applied the throttle and the bike understeered, tipped over and i flew for about 3-5 metres and shoulder-charged a tree - Breaking my right collarbone.

I don't actually remember hitting the tree but I remember everything leading upto it and after it which was when I nearly passed out.

I stood up after the fall and tryed to pick up the bike which I couldn't because of a sharp pain in my shoulder, Then everything started going white (like an over-exposed photo) and my face went numb... I could faintly hear my mate shouting at me to sit down. :shock:

To cut it short, I ended up vomiting everywhere and had to be carted off to hospital for X-rays and scans for brain damage. :shock:

Lumi: It sounds like your body is throwing a tantrum because you started smoking again. :p :lol:

well i have you all beat :wink:

summer of 1995, i was 15 years old and had just come back from the fair. i didnt eat anything strange and i felt fine on the way home. woke up later that night and was running a temperature, it kept climbing regardless of what my mother could do. i believe it got to 105 before i took an ice bath. the fever broke, but not before i blacked out. that was the starting point for almost 10 years of hospital visits and many upon many vials of blood being taken.

as far as going blind, ive done that too. i was welding with my father, and while he was using the welder i was looking away. well, i wasnt looking away far enough and by midnight that night, i was rushed to the emergency room with 3rd degree lesions from the front of my eyeball to the back. i was blind for 4 days and still have problems.

[/sobstory]

md

Once about a year and a half ago, I was staying at my cousin's house...I got up around 8 in the morning, and went to go into the bathroom but someone was already in there, so I waited in the kitchen, leaning up against the counter. All the sudden after I'd been there for about a minute, I started to feel fuzzy...then a little nauseated...then it started to come on really strong, and for about 30 seconds, my vision went totally black, and my hearing went funky...sounded like I was underwater, and not only that, but I couldn't move! There were 5 kids bouncing around the room, and one adult, and I was trying to tell them that something was happening, but I couldn't even get my mouth to move. Then I started to come out of it after 30 or 45 seconds and the nausea went to extremes, I turned pure white, got really hot, and broke out in an awful sweat.......after a minute the nausea and the hot flash went away..I sat there and they game me a cold washrag for my face, and a glass of water. 10 minutes later I felt like nothing had happened. It's never happened again, but I have felt like it was about to happen once or twice. It was one of the scariest things that ever happened to me, and to this day, I don't know what it was. I've had a few people tell me it sounds like hypoglycemia or something similar. I truly should go to the doctor for it, but I haven't yet.

Anyway...that's my story...

I've passed out about 4 or 5 times in my life. Pretty freaky, especially when the vision goes first and you can't see a thing but you know your eyes are open and you're just waiting for unconsciousness.

Lumi, I'm glad you're ok and you didn't pass out and hurt yourself or anything. Please do see your doctor and let us know everything is ok. :hug:

You're all missing the obvious......

Lumi's preggers. Wasn't that her NY resolution, too?? :cheer:

pssst! Go get yerself checked out, chica! :wink:

terri said:
You're all missing the obvious......

Lumi's preggers. Wasn't that her NY resolution, too?? :cheer:

pssst! Go get yerself checked out, chica! :wink:

its not mine...i promise!!!! :twisted:

md

ferny said:
Artemis you little stud! :shock:
MDowdey said: