I can FINALLY share this! - Domo Wilson Album Cover Shot

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week I got a random message on instagram from a recording artist, asking if I was located in LA and able to shoot and bring my computer to her hotel to edit said shot that same day. She had already hired a photographer, but that photographer had a last minute emergency and she needed someone right away. I had no plans and a roommate was available to hold the reflector, so I answered yes. I then went to her instagram profile and discovered that she has 2.1 MILLION followers. When we got to the hotel room she informed me that we were doing her album cover, which releases the following week. Makeup and hair had right before we arrived, so we got to work right away. For something so last minute, and little inspiration to work with in terms of art direction, we had a lot of fun and I think the shots came out really well. During the shoot I asked her how she found my work, and she told me that a few of my photos came up when she searched location based photographer hashtags. After this, I'm making sure I ONLY use that sort of hashtag.

After the photo shoot I looked her up on Apple Music and discovered why she has so many followers; her music is amazing! If you're interested, I recommend listening to her tracks "Fall In Love Again" and "You".

Shot in natural light with a silver reflector for fill light, using a Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM macro lens attached.

f/2.8, 1/160th sec, ISO 800.
_MG_8462.jpg

Last edited:
Well, well well! We have a celebrity in our midst! Will you remember us when you're hiring assistants by the dozens and hob-knobbing with the elite?:1247:

Big congrats! Your move to the city is paying off! Determination and your skill will take you far, I think.

Excellent work - and exciting secret agent urgent assignment!

Love it and the backstory!

Again... Well done!!

I hope this is the start of a new era of work for you Dan, you deserve it. :clap:

Great shot, great story, great subject!

Just don't ignore is little peons from now on. :76:

Well, well well! We have a celebrity in our midst! Will you remember us when you're hiring assistants by the dozens and hob-knobbing with the elite?:1247:

Big congrats! Your move to the city is paying off! Determination and your skill will take you far, I think.
Haha, thank you so much!

Most reactions

Back