I can't access digital zoom in the menu.

but...why?

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I recently got a GH4 from MPB for my birthday. While messing around I activated the digital zoom once. Now I can't get it to highlight in the menu at all. Neither in camera nor photo modes. I'm not set to RAW and the video speed is set to 30fps. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

If you take the battery out does it reset to factory settings or is there a reset option in the menu

Thanks for the response! I haven't tried the reset option yet (there is one) as I like to know why first. This may be more operator error on my part. I found that the menus are of course different when in different modes. It appears that in the video mode both the tele-converter option and the digital zoom are available. In the picture mode, it's one or the other, not both. Thanks for all the help, you folks have been great! J.

Thanks for the response! I haven't tried the reset option yet (there is one) as I like to know why first. This may be more operator error on my part. I found that the menus are of course different when in different modes. It appears that in the video mode both the tele-converter option and the digital zoom are available. In the picture mode, it's one or the other, not both. Thanks for all the help, you folks have been great! J.
Just be aware that both of those settings are in-camera cropping. Unless you need it for composition, you can do the same thing in post.

So the bigger picture is...it's a smaller picture. It will help me to see what I'm trying to catch at a distance and keep it in frame (I'm talking video here), but it's all possible in post, in the editor. Thanks for the help! J.

Most reactions

Back