I DID A THING.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't believe I forgot to post this here when I posted to everywhere else...

BUT...

I did a thing.

I made another dress. :1247:

Gesi Lorraine1362.jpg

If any one is curious how I did it, you can see a kind of "Behind the scenes" here: Behind the scenes modern portrait - Ges Lorraine | Emily McGonigle Photography

Otherwise, I'll post more images in general, when they're done. :allteeth:

John's overwhelmed by your model's beauty. Or your photography. Or your photography of her beauty. ;)

You know, guys. :lol:

John's overwhelmed by your model's beauty. Or your photography. Or your photography of her beauty. ;)

edit. by the way, you should do more "things".

:lol: Well... I didn't know if *that's* what he meant, or if he was taking a jab at the dress. I am pretty fluent in "Guy", but sometimes things still get lost in translation. Hahaha.

edit. by the way, you should do more "things".

I intend to. :allteeth:

I got a sewing mannequin this time around. I'm gonna re-make the first dress I did, because it was... usable that one time, but not really ideally constructed, and I have about 4 other designs sketched out that I want to eventually do.

So, care to share how you did the lighting on that one? It's very flattering and reveals shape very well.

So, care to share how you did the lighting on that one? It's very flattering and reveals shape very well.

WELP... it was shot in this room:

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 11.48.14 PM.png

The large window (with the diffusion panels in) was to the left of the frame, and then I had a large v-flat to her right. That was it. :1247:

I had her pulled forward closer to the edge of the white part of the floor, so most of the window was still in front of her, and she was pulled off from the background enough for decent fall off.

Ok, that makes sense. I'm going to have to find something similar to practice. Portraiture is one of my photographic weaknesses. ah well. Thanks for sharing.

I love the lighting which is really beautiful ... The only thing I might change is to lose the lip ring

As I said on FB: The multi-talented Ms McGonigle

I love the lighting which is really beautiful ... The only thing I might change is to lose the lip ring

Thank you :)

And no. I didn't want her to take her lip ring out. The makeup artist asked and I told her there was no reason to. Ges has several tattoos, she has a lip ring and gauges in her ears. Those things are inherently her, and I wanted to keep it that way.

It's totally personal preference if you're not into lip rings, and that's fine, but I wanted to keep as much of Ges in the portraits as possible. :1247:

NICE SPACE !!!!

Thank you! It's a studio that 12 or so of us are members of. There's that space, the south studio, and the east studio. It's pretty awesome.

As I said on FB: The multi-talented Ms McGonigle

Haha! Thank you. :allteeth:

Most reactions

Back